Your skin can assume a dull and tanned look due too much exposure to the sun and a lot of pollution clogging our pores. While cosmetics add-on to much more chemicals that interact with our skin, many home remedies can effectively rectify the problem. This article discusses the top home remedies for lightening your skin.
As a by-product of milk, yogurt contains lactic acid which is known for its bleaching properties. Yogurt can be used in many ways to better the complexion of your skin and is in fact the most used home remedy for lightening your skin.
- Apply plain yogurt on the face and neck everyday for 15 minutes before washing it off, you can also add honey to moisturize your skin
- Apply yogurt face pack by mixing it with oatmeal and lime to get a refreshing look. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
This is the most effective natural bleaching agent that is available. In addition they contain high amounts of vitamin C that promotes the growth of skin cells and it also is high on antioxidants. Lemon can be used alone or in combination with other ingredients.
- Squeeze a few spoonfuls of lemon and apply generously over the face and neck and wash off after 20 minutes. If it burns too much dilute the lemon juice with some water
- Squeeze a lime and add a few drops of turmeric powder to it. Apply this mixture onto your face and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
Lemon is the strongest bleaching agent and hence an effective home remedy for lightening your skin.
Another fruit with copious amounts of vitamin C is an effective way to lighten your skin. Oranges also give you a glow after application.
- Squeeze orange juice, mix it with a little turmeric powder and apply this to your face for 20 minutes. Do this thrice a week to see the difference after a couple of weeks
- Make a powder of the orange peel and mix it with yogurt to make a paste and apply this paste for 20 minutes before you rinse.
Because of its dual role as a bleaching agent and for glowing skin oranges is a preferred home remedy for lightening your skin.
4: Fuller’s earth:
Fuller’s earth removes the excess oil from your skin and evens your skin tone, making it an effective agent to remove the dullness of your skin. This can be used as a home remedy for lightening your skin in the following ways
- Mix a few spoons of Fuller’s earth with rose-water and apply evenly on face and neck. When the pack dries, rinse your face thoroughly. Repeat this twice a week for effective results.
- Alternatively you can mix a few drops of lemon with this as well.