Unable to open Username.ost file Now its time to Convert OST to PST – Regularly, many users complain about getting error messages while accessing there OST files. OST file or Offline Files are created when you work offline in MS Exchange, which can be later synchronize online, when you have network back. Best thing is that you can work without internet connectivity with OST files. But when they becomes inaccessible, it can becomes very problematic, as users lose many important work. Some common error messages are:
- The username.ost file cannot be opened, it’s in use
- The xxx.ost file is not an offline folder
- The file you are trying to access, does not exist
You get following errors thrown to you, when Exchange Server is not able to access the mailbox. Reasons that causes this kind of error messages can be many, some of them are the following:
- OST file can be damaged due to corruption
- MS Exchange has crashed
- OST file not properly synchronize with MS Exchange
- Multiple users trying to access the same file
- .ost file has reached its maximum size limits
To deal with this issue, you can use the in-built ScanOST.exe, which is an OST Integrity Check tool. It can easily rectify the minor issues with the OST file. But remember this tool is available with Outlook 2007 and below Versions.
Steps for using ScanOST.exe are:
- Close MS Outlook
- In search box type “ScanOST.exe”
- Next, type Profile Name, if asked
- Next, select Connect or Work Offline
- At the next Windows, select the folder for scanning
- Tick on the checkbox, “Repair Errors” and next click “Begin Scan”
Quite an appreciable option, but works only on Outlook 2007 and below version and only capable of solving minor damage. But, if the OST file has major corruption and damage, then there is a need for an alternate solution.
OST to PST Conversion – A more Suitable Solution
PST is MS Outlook online file that store all the data of Outlook. Since, ultimately the OST files needed to online, the most suitable solution here is to convert OST to PST format, this way your OST files get repair as well accessible in Outlook online profile. But, unfortunately no manual or in-built tool available in Exchange/Outlook for converting OST files to PST format, for this users generally have to depend on external tools.
What to look for while finding an OST to PST Conversion tool?
- Affordable Solution
- A tool that could convert corrupt OST files into PST
- A tool that keeps OST files data intact – attachments, emails items and such things
OST to PST Converter is your answer to Convert OST to PST
This software helps you get OST files into PST format, which you can view in any Microsoft Outlook Edition easily. It comes with batch mode option as well, which is useful if you have several OST files, this program convert them all at once into PST format. Also the attachment files of the emails will be saved by the program is the original format. Conversion of highly corrupt or damaged OST files to PST format also supported by the tool.